Web Tools is designed to dramatically increase your website traffic & entertain and educate your customers when they get there by adding automotive videos and reports to your website!
Whether you’ve already spent a lot of money to get a website that looks good or you’re just thinking about it, you want people to find your site. So, how do you make sure people see it? It's not magic… AutoNetTV Web Tools will increase the visibility of your site automatically for a low monthly price. In a world where 70% of consumers look online before buying, you can rest assured more website traffic equals more money for you.
- Automatically increases your keywords, length of visit and 'site freshness'. Three of the main factors that help you get found online.
- Other than the initial setup, we handle everything for you: it's an install and walk away program. (Other than helping the additional customers that find you)
- Very inexpensive. For similar program, we come in on average 500% less expensive.
- Entertains and educates your customers while they are on your website.
- Perfect for point of sale education. Just have them watch a short video from your service desk about the service you are recommending and your recommendations will be accepted more often!
- Great to include in email reminders!
- Web Tools General Info
- Entertainment on Websites: An Overlooked MUST HAVE
- Service Reminder Emails Filled with Videos?
- Point of Sale: Critical, but Difficult
- Social Media Marketing
- How it works
- Set-Up Process
- Technical Help (For Web Masters)
- Web Tools Video
Web Tools will automatically put an article customized to your shop with an educational video produced by AutoNetTV on your site for you every week.
Web Tools gives you all of the following:
1. Keyword Content: Since the articles are all about car care they are filled with keywords that would benefit your shop for searches. And since the articles are customized to your shop, they will be geographically relevant.
2. Length of Visit: One of the best ways to increase visit length is with video content. The average length of a visit in the automotive industry is about 1 1/2 minutes. If your customers watch a single 4 minute video, your average length of visit will almost triple.
3. Site Freshness: Since we post an article and video for you each week, your site will be seen as very fresh… especially when compared to what you used to do or what your competitors do.
- It's easy to link to these emails/articles in your email reminders.
- Having videos and articles on your site will make your site more appealing and more educational.
- Using our educational videos in the shop for point of sale is as simple as going to your website!
AutoNetTV's Web Tools is a multi-pronged solution for your online advertising and marketing that is extremely valuable and versatile. [Sign Up Now!]
Most websites, especially in the automotive industry, have decent information, but don't do anything to entertain their visitors. This often overlooked area is vital to a good website design.
Most people are looking for information when they go to a website. So naturally, providing that information should be first and foremost. But most of that information is overlooked simply because the visitor got bored… So how do you fix this?
You can start by putting things on your site that are visually interesting and entertaining that require little effort to understand and relate to, but also provides the information that you're visitors are looking for. No small task… no wonder most people overlook this area.
The answer is actually easier than you think. The best way to add visually interesting 'easy' content is through video. Think about it… TV can capture someone's attention virtually indefinitely. And yet most people get most of their information from TV now days. Ever ask yourself how?
AutoNetTV's Web Tools adds video content to your site that is both entertaining and teaches your customers about the things you want them to know. Now that is a MUST HAVE! [Sign Up Now!]
Many shops send reminders via email. Most of these reminders are ignored. Why?
- The email is typically drab and boring.
- Even though you are reminding them, they still don't understand why the service is important because they don't know why it is being recommended.
AutoNetTV Web Tools offers the solution. Including a link to a video of the service you are recommending has shown that it can increase the number of successful reminders by up to 20%. That's more money in your pocket, simply by including a link.
Order Web Tools today for your website and make your email reminders much more potent! [Sign Up Now!]
Everyone knows, the most important time to sell additional services is at the point of sell. But it's also the hardest, especially for a well trained mechanic that's better at interfacing with cars than people.
The solution? Take the mechanic, and the shop, out of the picture. Simply pull of a related educational video on your website at your service desk computer. Have the customer watch it and say, "We recommend you get that done. What do you think?"
You'll be surprised at the number of people that not only choose to have the service done, but choose so willingly and happily, because they understand why it's being recommended and the recommendation came from a 3rd party. All this can be accomplished without having to take your top mechanic out of his/her element.
AutoNetTV Web Tools, taking the "Difficult" out of point of sale. [Sign Up Now!]
You hear it all the time. You SHOULD be using Facebook and Twitter… if for no other reason than:
1) Your customers are there
2) It's free!
But hearing it and doing it are two different things. The biggest hurdle with social media is someone has to actually post the posts, do it regularly and come up with something that is interesting for your clients… Most shop owners a) don't know what to post and b) don't have time to… That's where Web Tools comes in.
A) You can set Web Tools to automatically post new content to Facebook and Twitter every week. At no extra cost!
B) Suppose a winter storm is forecast in the next few days – just type in your wiper blade special along with a link to a wiper blade video from your customized Web Tools account. Instant, powerful marketing.
Link to Web Tools articles in your electronic newsletters, send video links in reminders to customers who have declined services. Harness the power of Web Tools to turn your customer service activities into marketing opportunities.
In order to understand how Web Tools will help you, you have to first understand how search engines (like Google, Yahoo and MSN) work. Obviously to explain this in detail, we'd need classes, books and a lot of time. So here is the quick boiled down version.
Have you ever asked yourself how Google makes all its money? Or how does Google always find what you’re looking for? For the most part, both of those questions go hand in hand.
Every search engine has at least two main types of search results (the findings that come up when you 'search' for something). They are called PPC (Pay Per Click) and Organic search results. PPC essentially allows businesses to “skip” to the front of the line… Search engines allow PPC because this is where they make a good deal of their money.
For the privilege of “line cutting”… the search companies charge for each 'click' or person they send your way. However… they can't simply organize all searches based on who pays the most… otherwise when you searched for things like "Groceries" you'd have things like "Car Dealerships" or "Lawyers" show up because they pay more than grocery stores… meaning you wouldn't find what you were looking for and wouldn't want to use that search company again.
That's where Organic search results come in. Organic search results are based off the content that is on the actual site. The search companies use advanced math formulas to compare and categorize sites against each other into a huge competition for who best answers the search that the consumer puts in. They then 'rank' the sites based off these scores and only allow searches to bring up the 'best' for each category, since the search companies desperately need you to find what you are looking for. They even give preference to the 'best' sites by marking the PPC sites as "Ads" and by charging the PPC sites more when they have a low 'rank'.
Organic Search Results:
PPC Search Results:
Okay, it's starting to get complicated. The important thing to know is this: Organic search results are free and in almost every way, better than PPC search results. A couple of the main benefits of building Organic over PPC is two fold.
- You’ll typically get more search traffic at a much lower price
- If you ever do want to do PPC, that will cost you less than if you didn't build your organic search results first.
But… the downside of Organic search is, a lot of people know this, so the race is on to have the 'best’ 'ranked' site in your category. The method used to create sites that are better ranked is called SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and is just as complicated as the searches themselves. AutoNetTV Web Tools is designed to build your Organic search results. So don't worry, we know SEO too and we've boiled it down so it's easy to understand as well! Read the SEO section to learn how SEO 'ranking' works.
No one really knows exactly how search companies 'grade' their 'ranks'. But over the years, through trial and error we have come up with a basic understanding of how their systems work.
Companies across the nation and years have observed what raises and lowers rankings and have come to conclusions on what you should and shouldn't do. Making your site contain the 'should's and avoid 'should not's is called SEO. Basically, whoever does the 'should's the best and avoids the 'should not's the most ends up being the highest 'ranked' and getting the most search traffic directed at them.
There are over 200 shoulds… but it's commonly accepted that there are 3 Big Ones. Those are:
- Keyword Content
- Length of Visit
- Site freshness.
1. Keyword Content: Keywords are your 'searches'. Specifically, they are each word used in your search. So if you were to type "auto repair Utah" in the search bar then your search keywords are 1. auto 2. repair and 3. Utah.
The search companies actually index every site and all the words on that site. They count the number of each word (they even track how spaced out they are and how they relate to the words around them… it's very complex) and compare that count to all the sites around the geographic area in which the search originated.
So, in our example, if I typed “auto repair Utah”, the search company would use my location/zip code (they typically know the zip code that you search from), they'd then pull up every site within a certain geographical area and compare the keyword count for each of those sites. They'd then rank them based off whoever has the most keywords in the best context. The site with the most keywords, wins for that 'should' and it will help them move to the top of the list.
2. Length of Visit: Once the search company sends you to a site, they then track how long you stay there. The general logic is, the longer you stay, the more you like what you found.
So let’s say you and your competitor across the street score similarly on Keywords and the search company sends 100 people to each of your sites. But the average time spent on your site is only a minute and your competitor’s is four minutes. Then the search company is going to assume that even though your keyword score is the same, that your competitor’s site is giving people what they want better than yours. Your competitor would win that 'should' and move up the rank getting more traffic than you…
3. Site Freshness: Again, assuming that the first two 'should's are about the same. Then the search engines will look at how 'fresh' your site is compared to your competition. The general logic being, if you and your competitor have good keywords and people are staying on your sites for about the same amount of time, then the site that’s updated more often will continue to be more relevant going forward and will slowly raise its score over the site that doesn't‘t update.
Obviously this is a simplistic, but real look at how SEO works. There are a lot of things that affect your rank – most of which no-one really understands except the search companies – because it’s a secret. So while we are supremely confident that using our Web Tools program is better than not using it, we can't guarantee that your site will ever be the 'best'. And we can't guarantee where your site will show up on searches. We can guarantee that you will receive more traffic… whether that's thousands more visitors a month or two more… we simply can't be sure. But then again… no one can be.
We have designed the set-up process to be fairly simple. It shouldn't take much more than twenty (20) minutes of your valuable time and any shop can do it (we've never turned a customer away because of lack of technical expertise).
The first step of the process is to decide how you want the program to show up on your site. We have three (3) options.
- RelayPipe: This will actually put the information right on your page. The benefit is… you get all the SEO value and your customers won't need to leave your site to read all the helpful info or to watch the videos. The downside is: it requires a good amount of programming, so a webmaster is a must and most webmasters will charge you for the work. In addition… older sites might not be compatible. [Example of Relaypipe]
- Hosted: With this option we will create a separate site for you and host it on our servers. You'll then be able to link it to your existing site. In addition, without much effort a webmaster can "map the domain" of this new site to your giving you all the SEO value… not quite as good as RelayPipe, but still an excellent option. Perfect for those that want all the benefits of Web Tools but don't have a brand new site. [Example of Hosted]
- External: If you have a Word Press site, we have a plugin… This gives you all the benefits of RelayPipe and none of the downsides. Most webmasters (and even that young nephew or niece with computer skills) should be able to have the basics of this up and running in minutes. [Example of External]
After you have the version you want, you'll need to sign up. Once we have processed your order we will send you a registration email that has a link to a form filled with questions. Those questions are what we will use to customize your Web Tools account to your shop. (Things like your address and the types of services you do). The questions are something we recommend you as the shop owner/manager fill out since they are all going to be about your shop.
When you are finished with the registration you'll receive an email that gives you your account information and webmaster instructions. Forward that email on to your webmaster and let them know you'd like this program added to your website. Feel free to have them call us if they have any questions.
Enjoy the automated program that brings you more website traffic and more money!
See a Sample Web Tools Site
Return to Lobby TV page
Click on The Pro Channel – learn more about information and training for you and your team
Click here for Web Tools FAQ's for answers to common questions about using Web Tools