Digital Lobby TV
Digital Lobby TV is a custom television program designed to increase customer trust, boost service sales and entertain customers in repair and service waiting rooms through education.
We take an even mix of positive entertainment [see our content partners] and educational television segments [watch a segment]. The educational segments teach your customers about things like the cost saving they will enjoy from having additional service's done and will passively increase your sales and customer loyalty!
- Entertains and educates customers while they wait for their services to be completed, increasing your sales and customer satisfaction! [Sample Lobby TV Clip]
- Removes competitor's commercials from playing in your lobby.
- Ensures your customers never see offensive content or depressing news.
- Typically costs less than cable or satellite [see prices]
- 4 hour loop delivered via the internet to a DND (Digital Network Device)
Customized version available by upgrading to Lobby TV Pro
- WHY you SHOULD use Lobby TV
- WHAT AutoNetTV Lobby TV DOES
- HOW AutoNetTV Lobby TV WORKS!
- PROOF that it WORKS!
- ProChannel (For Regional and National Brands)
How many vehicle owners actually read their owners’ manual? Most surveys show it’s only about 1%. That’s it! Less than 1% of people actually read the details on how to protect and preserve what is often their 2nd largest investment. No wonder vehicle owners experience a sudden rise in blood pressure and anxiety when they visit an automotive center – they haven’t done their homework. Welcome to AutoNetTV™ – the most enjoyable and informative automotive class in session.
You see, the automotive industry is far more than just servicing vehicles; it’s about educating people on the what, why, when and how to boost their return, preserve their asset, and protect themselves and their loved ones. AutoNetTV’s award-winning news program educates consumers on the importance of preventive maintenance, and the general details of repair and replacement services. For vehicle owners, information leads to confidence in making the right decisions and following the recommended schedule. Is that really true? Well –
84% say AutoNetTV is a good thing to offer customers!
AutoNetTV is good for vehicle owners and good for automotive service centers. The unbiased news reports, offered through several business tools, substantiate the manufacturers’ guidelines and add credibility to the recommendations given by automotive professionals.
Numerous studies have concluded that 8 out of 10 vehicles need service or parts.
The Car Care Council estimates $55 Billion of annual unperformed vehicle maintenance.
The primary reasons for this unattained work are the lack of consumer understanding, and/or the lack of trust in the common sources of information. AutoNetTV bridges both of these gaps by comfortably providing easy-to-understand information and analysis from an influential source. Please take a look at our various products and services to help your business and your customers.
AutoNetTV’s Lobby TV offers service centers:
- Happier customers
- More trusting customers
- More satisfied customers
- Higher add-on sales
AutoNetTV’s entertaining and educational television program is proven to give your customers a more enjoyable experience while waiting for their vehicle. And AutoNetTV helps to boost the credibility of your business by reinforcing your training, expertise and manufacturer-based recommendations. All of this leads to increased sales!
AutoNetTV accomplishes this with interesting and easy-to-understand reports on virtually every vehicle maintenance, repair and part topic imaginable. Most consumers have no clue what a Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve is or does, or even if their vehicle has one (or more? What colors do they come in?). That’s why AutoNetTV speaks to consumers on their level, in their language – a translator of all things automotive. And it works!
81% say AutoNetTV is informative!
AutoNetTV is the perfect tool for you to take control of your lobby’s marketing environment. AutoNetTV eliminates the doom-and-gloom of regular TV news, including “hidden camera” work, offensive and inappropriate content, and advertisements from local and national competitors.
Filmed in the AutoNetTV studios, the Lobby TV addresses service topics in the following terms:
- What is the part/system (just the basics please)
- Why is it important to address the issue (safety, performance and long-term cost savings)
- When does it need to be serviced/repaired/replaced (owners’ manual – based on the maintenance schedule or current need for service, is severe service applicable)
- How does service/repair help (protect warranty, preserve investment, etc)
Laid out in clear, easy to understand terms, AutoNetTV segments motivate consumers to take care of needed service and repairs while building trust and confidence in their service provider.
The spoonful of sugar in AutoNetTV’s consumer program are the first-rate entertainment segments from CBS, and the movie reviews and star interviews for the newest flicks to hit the screens. Drawing from their many entertainment, news and sports properties, the CBS segments and movie reviews provide a laugh and an “ah ha” between educational segments to ensure viewer attention and the look and feel of regular TV.
65% say AutoNetTV is entertaining!
Like the complexity of a well-running engine, AutoNetTV has tested and proven its overall model, and individual reporting method, for TV programming in service center waiting rooms. The AutoNetTV Lobby TV program is designed to grab and keep the viewers’ attention with entertaining and informational content. The pace feels like an entertainment news show, switching to a new topic every few minutes.
Entire episodes are refreshed after one month, and the program loop is about 4 hours long for Tire and Repair centers, and 2 hour long for Quick Lube centers. There is no “beginning” or “ending” to the program – since customers may begin watching the program at any point in time.
Ten to sixteen educational/service topics are covered each month, allowing for fresh rotation of parts/services. The 4 hour version has 6 minutes, on average, of entertainment/news content in between each of the 10-16 service topics, while the 2 hour version has only 3 minutes in between service topics, on average.
The above format has led to terrific feedback from vehicle owners, and improvements in sales and customer satisfaction for service centers. How do we know …
57% say they’d prefer to visit a service center that plays AutoNetTV!
Despite all the other reasons why a customer may choose your business or a competitor, AutoNetTV is proven to bring nearly six of every 10 customers right back to you. You’re already beating your competition without hardly trying.
Sure, you can read the glowing testimonials from thrilled service centers throughout North America. That feedback speaks volumes about AutoNetTV’s superior customer service, wonderful programming content and innovative solutions. But some people just want facts – like a diagnostic readout chart. So, below you’ll find a smattering of the statistics and findings about in-store television, including results from a study of AutoNetTV conducted by The Nielsen Company (Strategic Media Research).
NOTE: The Nielsen Company study of the AutoNetTV programming was conducted by interviewing vehicle owners who exited service centers that were playing AutoNetTV. Full report available for download below.
- 2009 Oil Company Study in Quick Lube Centers Shows Huge Sales Gains from AutoNetTV:
Store A – monthly sales improvement of 285%
Store B – monthly sales improvement of 357%
(Test Background: Chevron Texaco conducted a 3 month evaluation of the sales uplift for their Techron Concentrate Plus (TCP) product (found on a display case inside their Xpress Lube branded quick lube locations). The evaluation took place in two locations that had never before played the AutoNetTV program, and that had previously stocked the TCP product.
The stores had the TVs and program installed during February, so they threw out any results from February as a ramp-up period. Chevron Texaco compared the sales of the TCP for the 3 months prior to install (November, 2008 – January, 2009), to the sales for three months after installation of AutoNetTV (March, 2009 – May, 2009). The comparison was simply sales of TCP prior to AutoNetTV, and sales of TCP post AutoNetTV. The AutoNetTV 60 minute loop program contained a 3 minute “advertorial”, produced by AutoNetTV, that discussed the benefits of the TCP product, followed by a :10 bumper for TCP. The program also had the :10 bumper placed in 2 additional slots in the program.
One location yielded an average overall monthly sales increase of 285%, and the other location yielded an average sales increase of 357% per month of the TCP product. The stores also reported additional sales of other services and products highlighted on the AutoNetTV program, but for which Chevron Texaco did not compare 3 months prior sales data.
The Chevron Texaco marketing contact said, “I’m absolutely blown away by these numbers. Wait till my boss sees these numbers, she’s going to flip.”)
- According to The Nielsen Company, 1 out of every 5 viewers said their interest in obtaining a product or service increased after seeing it on AutoNetTV.
- About 30% of retail video viewers have made an unplanned purchase as a result of watching an in-store TV network. (Arbitron Retail Media Study – Volume II, 2004)
- According to The Nielsen Company, more than half of vehicle owners said they would prefer to visit a service center that plays AutoNetTV, over one that does not.
- According to The Nielsen Company, 65% of viewers said AutoNetTV is entertaining.
- Programming makes time go by more quickly 96 percent of the time for customers. (Audits & Surveys Worldwide – AccentHealth network)
- According to The Nielsen Company, 84% of viewers said AutoNetTV is a good thing for service centers to offer their customers.
- According to The Nielsen Company, 81% of viewers said AutoNetTV content is informative.
- Employees that work in stores with TV networks answered product questions 41% more accurately than employees in stores without network programming. (Simmons Market Research, 2001)
- 81% of population says TV is the most influential source of information. (Roper-Starch Worldwide, Inc., 1997)
- Third-party sources command more credibility than do employees, CEOs or entertainers. (Edelman Survey on Trust and Credibility, by StrategyOne, 2003)
- People remember 10 percent of what they read, 20 percent of what they hear, 30 percent of what they see and 50 percent of what they hear and see. (Study by Wiman and Mierhenry, 1969, re-published in 2001)
Regional and National Brands have a powerful opportunity to include their own customized Pro Channel in their Lobby TV package. The Pro Channel allows you to:
- Consistently communicate corporate messages
- Coordinate product/program launches
- Provide consistent training to your service center affiliates
The Pro Channel is typically accessed before and after hours for training, team building and communicating your business case to facility owners, managers and the guys who throw away the box. The Pro Channel lets you consistently communicate to your organization no matter how large it may be.